Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Get a better Second Life (on Linux)

Every now and then I go into Second Life. Just to browse around or attend my companies information sessions. I really like those; active and useful content delivery in a new environment... quite inspiring actually.

But, when I switched to Linux I found that the official Second Life viewer for Linux isn't too swell. It's slow, hicky and sticky. Like you're walking in a world drenched in melasses; it's just no fun anymore.

But there's an alternative for Linden Labs viewer, one that's quite a bit better performing on Linux. And it comes with an update server, so you get you're frequent updates as well.

Hah, the name you ask. Well, it's the Open Metaverse viewer. Have a look or get a second life first ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment